A pandemic has radically changed known civilisation. Twenty years later, infected humans run wild and survivors are killing each other for food, weapons, or whatever they are able to get their hands on. Joel, a ruthless survivor, is hired to smuggle a 14 year-old girl, Ellie, out of an oppressive military quarantine zone, but what starts as a simple job soon transforms into a profound journey across the united states
What does it take to live to tell the tale in the brutal yet beautiful world that is The Last of Us? This is what you’lll be faced with at every turn as Ellie and Joel embark on an epic journey that will explore the depths of humanity and push them to the limits of human perseverance.
Discover how Ellie and Joel work together throughout the game
|Different territories give you new challenges and enemies to face|
|Combat and defence are much needed skills to help protect Ellie|
|Joel will have some tough decisions to make during gameplay|
- Become the hunter and the hunted in a brutal post-pandemic world. Play as Joel, a ruthless survivor, who is paired with Ellie, a brave young teenage girl, as they work together to endure a dangerous trek across a familiar, yet post-pandemic United States.
- Intense character-driven narrative featuring a cast of resonant characters that take you on a rich, emotional journey via Naughty Dog’s award-winning cinematic storytelling, performance capture, and high-production values.
- Explore a decimated, overgrown America reclaimed by nature, marked with remnants of human civilization juxtaposed against beautiful, lush environments, delivered by realistic and stunning graphics.
- Strategize how to live to tell the tale enemy encounters as the Balance of Power AI system ceaselessly adapts to whether Joel or the enemies gain the upper hand. Quickly maneuver to live to tell the tale encounters as enemies will change their behavior based on what weapon they see Joel holding, how many of them are left alive, and whether the player has managed to surprise them.
- Learn how to live to tell the tale day-by-day: scavenge for vital resources, craft weaponry out of environmental objects, and compete with other survivors for limited supplies and ammo.
The population has been decimated. The United States government has collapsed long ago. Twenty years after the outbreak, abandoned cities are slowly reclaimed by nature. Roaming bands of survivors are killing each other for food, weapons, or whatever they are able to get their hands on.
Joel, a ruthless survivor with few moral lines left to cross, lives in one of the crucial last remaining Quarantine Zones. These walled-off, oppressive cities are run by what’s left of the military. Despite the strict martial law, Joel operates in the black market of the city, smuggling contraband for the right price.
Joel is asked by a dying friend to look after Ellie, a fourteen-year-old girl with courage beyond her years. What starts out as a simple job to deliver Ellie to another Quarantine Zone, soon transforms into a profound journey that will endlessly change Joel and Ellie.
As they trek across a post-pandemic United States, Joel and Ellie will encounter different factions of survivors that have each found a unique way of dealing with the infected humans, the lack of supplies, and the threat of other survivors. As Joel and Ellie struggle to persevere, they must learn to consider each other and work together in order to live to tell the tale the realities of this new world.
At its core, The Last of Us is about the bond that forms between Joel and Ellie–it is the story of love, loyalty and redemption.
Play as Joel, a ruthless survivor in the post-pandemic world and experience being both the hunter and the hunted. Paired with the brave Ellie, you will have to work together to live to tell the tale your cross-country trek against a dangerous but familiar United States.
Joel and Ellie are at the heart of an intense character-driven narrative, with a cast of rich supporting characters that will take you on an emotional journey as rich and fraught as the one across America, brought to life through Naughty Dogs award-winning cinematic storytelling, performance capture, and high-production values.
Explore an America that has been reclaimed by nature, devastated and overgrown. the last remnants of civilization are juxtaposed with the beautiful, lush environments, all realised with stunning graphics.
The Balance of Power AI system constantly adapts throughout enemy encounters, and you’ll be able to need to keep your wits about you to live to tell the tale. Enemies will change their behaviour based on your actions or the weapon they see Joel carrying, as well as how many of them are left.
Survival is about more than combat, though, and you’ll be able to need to scavenge for vital resources, craft weapons from what you’ll be able to find and compete with other survivors for limited food, supplies and ammo.